Thanks to our wonderful 16 teams, team leaders and the 150+ people who supported #SwimfortheReef 2016.
FINAL FUNDING 2016: Together we raised over $31,000 to protect the Reef! Amazing work teams!! Turtley Awesome flippered way ahead in the fundraising, raising an incredible $4,925!! Ten teams raised over $1,000. You all deserve a pat on the back.
FINAL SWIMMING 2016: The final figures are now in from regional teams. Together we swam 285km or 5,700laps, see our map. Competition was hot! The final winning team was the regional Burnett Loggerheads from Bundy who swam 40km or an amazing 800 laps, to beat Wobbegongs to second place. Impressive work, Loggerheads.
Be the first to hear about Swim for the Reef 2017 – ‘Like’ the official Facebook page
2016 PHOTO GALLERY:
If you want to organise your own swimathon to raise funds for EDO Qld, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!
It works like this:
- Swim as many laps as you can between midday and midnight;
- Teams have a minimum of 6 swimmers, but more are welcome;
- Collect donations for EDO Qld by getting your friends and family to sponsor you;
- Teams are responsible for deciding how long each member spends in the pool, creating a team roster and counting your own laps;
- Only one swimmer per team is allowed in the pool at the same time;
- Swim any style or distance you prefer;
- Floatation devices and swimming aids permitted (-other than motorised) and amusing costumes and team names are welcomed (-nay, encouraged!);
Dive in and put the ‘fun’ back into fundraising!
- You will personally contribute to protecting the Great Barrier Reef;
- Have some fun, while also raising much needed funds for EDO Qld