Access a comprehensive case summary; case studies; images and video for the historic Queensland Land Court decision that recommended the outright rejection of the New Acland Coal (NAC) Stage 3 mine expansion on 31 May 2017. Updated 23 June 2017.
New Acland Coal Pty Ltd v Ashman & Ors and Chief Executive, Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (No. 4)  QLC 24
- Case summary of the Land Court objection
- Key findings in the historic Land Court decision (Read the extended document of key findings)
- 34-page summary of the Land Court decision (and full recommendation from the Queensland Land Court)
- Profiles of the farmers and residents impacted
- Rolling feed from 99-day Land Court hearing
- Case summary of the Judicial Review in the Supreme Court
- EDO Qld Media Satement, 14 February 2018 - 'Win for Acland community as coal mine expansion licence knocked back'
- Queensland Government Department of Environment and Science, 14 February 2018 - 'Amended environmental authority for New Acland Coal Mine Stage Three Expansion Project refused'
- EDO Qld Media Release, 08 September 2017 'New analysis supports Queensland Government adopting Land Court refusal of Acland coal mine expansion'
- OCAA Media Release, 23 June 2017 - 'Supreme Court backs farmers again in New Acland freeze refusal'
- OCAA Media Release, 31 May 2017 - 'Big win as Land Court puts water before coal; recommends against controversial New Acland Stage 3 coal mine expansion'
- EDO Qld Media Release, 03 April 2017 - 'Groundwater Evidence Re-Opens in Acland Case'
- EDO Qld Media Release, 05 October 2016 - 'ACLAND COURT CASE CLOSES: Water, air quality and farming at risk'
- EDO Qld Media Release, 23 June 2016 - 'Acland mine dust modelling riddled with problems, expansion risks exceeding air quality limits'
- EDO Qld Media Release, 12 May 2016 - 'New evidence highlights uncertainty of groundwater impacts of Acland Stage 3 coal mine'
- EDO Qld Media Release, 01 April 2016 - 'In Court: Economist for Acland coal mine admits inflated job figures'
- EDO Qld Media Release, 07 March 2016 - 'Landmark Qld Land Court Hearing Begins: Farmers Challenge New Acland Coal Mine Expansion'