Submissions open until December 14 on Brisbane City Council’s development application for a commercial zipline on Mount Coot-tha.
The Brisbane City Council's controversial plans to install an extensive zipline project on Mount Coot-tha are now open for public consultation.
The Council is seeking submissions on both its development application and its associated Land Management Plan to change the use of the land. This land is currently held as a site for a public park and for no other purpose whatsoever.
The development application public notification period will end on December 14, while the Land Management Plan will be open for public input until the end of December.
If you do not lodge a properly made submission at this time you will not have rights to appeal the development application decision on this project
On 31 August 2018, development application A005011420 was submitted by the Brisbane City Council to develop a commercial zipline on Mount Coot-tha trust land.
The application is now open for public consultation via the Brisbane City Council's PD Online system.
To make a submission:
- Head to this website: https://sde.brisbane.qld.gov.au/services/startDASubmission.do?direct=true&daNumber=A005011420&sdeprop=100%20SIR%20SAMUEL%20GRIFFITH%20DR%20MOUNT%20COOT-THA%20QLD%204066%20(L18/RP20772%20L19/RP20772%20L21/RP20772)
- Click "I agree" on the terms and conditions after reading (if they appear).
- Complete the submission, providing grounds and facts and circumstances to support those grounds as much as possible, including anecdotal evidence relevant to the site.
- Then click the blue "Lodge Submission" button when you are ready to do so.
- You will need to provide some details and prove your identity using information from a drivers licence, passport, Medicare card or similar, before you can make your submission
EDO Qld has published general information to assist you with making submissions on development applications and understanding this process here.
Land management plan
Feedback on the Land Management Plan is being conducted by a public survey accessible here: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4678014/dMCzlmp
You can find the Council's full Land Management Plan for this project here: https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/20181126-mt_coot-tha-draft-land-management-plan.pdf
Public consultation on the Land Management Plan closes at the end of December