Queensland politicians are responding to EDO Qld's letter calling for seven key changes to environmental laws. And so are you - we already have some 800 signatures on our petition.
It is heart-warming that so many Queenslanders are passionate about strong environmental laws. Our petition is up to 800 signatories.
See the following responses from Queensland politicians:
- Jackie Trad, ALP Shadow Environment Minister and Member for South Brisbane, sent a detailed response of proposed ALP initiatives including refunding the EDOs. Read the ALP response.
- Charles Worringham, Lead Spokesperson for the Queensland Greens replied, they backed the 7 key changes.
- Robert Katter, Katter Party and member for Mt Isa, replied via his chief of staff and advised us that Robert introduced the Liquid Fuel Supply (Ethanol) Bill to Parliament late last year as a private member’s bill.
- Andrew Powell, LNP Environment and Heritage Minister, and Member for Glasshouse, did not reply.
- John Bjelke-Peterson, Palmer United Queensland Leader, did not reply.
After the election we will send the final numbers from the petition to whoever forms government.
CEO of EDO Qld